bye bye old theme

Update written on: 15th Oct 2009

Due to some reasons, I have to temporarily disable this design.

This is the first major redesign for this blog after I had moved to this domain in Feb, 2009. It took me around forty hours of work to finish this new design. In the last few weeks, I was getting kind of bored with the old theme but never got enough inspiration to create a new design.

If you are visiting my blog for the first time, I am including a screen-shot of the previous design here. For reference, I am also including the screen-shot of this new design.

There are no major changes in the page-layout. Primarily, I have tweaked the old theme’s CSS to get this new design working. Most of the changes are to do more with background images than anything else.

I want to thank few of my friends here for seeing the initial design and for their suggestions and encouraging words. Nandu, Chaithu, Bharath, Bala, Praveen, Gowri, Varma, Deepak, and  Navya. Specially, Nandu: thanks for all the inputs and for pointing out few bugs.

One of the frustrating experiences in web designing is removing bugs in Internet Explorer. As of this writing, I haven’t tested this design thoroughly in Internet Explorer. It should work really well with IE7 and above. IE6 users might see little inconsistencies here and there. But no major glitches. Please let me know if you find any problems.

For me, this is one of the best designs I have implemented till now. This redesign is inspired by someone whose name I do not want to mention here. I am dedicating this new design to that person. Guys, please don’t ask me who is that :)

I would love to hear your thoughts about this new design. Please use the comments section to share your thoughts.

Thank you for reading!

This entry was posted in: GeneralBookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

11 Comments

1. Posted September 23, 2009 at 11:40 pm | Permalink

Liked the banner very much.
    if u can make the vvkchandra.com also clickable to home page that may be good .

Is it possible to replace those text images with actual Text?

• Posted September 24, 2009 at 9:10 am | Permalink

Welcome to my blog. Nice to see you visiting my blog. Heard about you when I was beginning with blogging a couple of years ago.

Thank you. I had to use images as I could not exactly implement few of the images using text.

2. navya
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 12:09 am | Permalink

hey Chandu…ur website looks beautiful now…..and I have fallen in love with the “Search” box …..its just tooo good !!

3. praveen
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 8:55 am | Permalink

great job……looks kool…great work…..great blogs….

4. Posted September 24, 2009 at 9:11 am | Permalink

@navya I am happy that you liked the design.

@praveen thanks :)

5. B-H-A-N-U
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 9:58 am | Permalink

woww… really a gr8 work, everything is beautifully designed… I like the way underline is expanding beneath the main menu items…..

6. vishal
    Posted September 24, 2009 at 3:51 pm | Permalink

Your new blog design is really very good………

7. Posted September 29, 2009 at 7:21 am | Permalink

Cool design Chandra, looks very good. :)

By the way do the different color pencils represent your varied thoughts and sharp-tips mean you think through everything or am just imagining?

• Posted September 29, 2009 at 9:27 am | Permalink

Thank you Arun. Good to know that you liked the design.

I haven’t thought exactly about color pencils. But, initially, I had an idea that the new design should represent the fact that I love writing on many topics and that is the reason why I have put the pencils behind the paper kind of background for every post.

8. supriya
    Posted September 29, 2009 at 3:28 pm | Permalink

nice one .. As someone said ..can you not have a link to that vvkchandra.com ..just be’coz u r saying ‘.com’ too ..

• Posted September 29, 2009 at 6:29 pm | Permalink

will add that link soon… been a bit lazy to do it :)

Share your thoughts

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *